Melvin Gordon is happy to be back with his Los Angeles

Hướng dẫn, chia sẻ những thông tin, kiến thức về cờ úp căn bản.
zhangzk
Bài viết: 113
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 3 Tháng 2 12, 2019 4:12 pm

Melvin Gordon is happy to be back with his Los Angeles

Bài viết chưa xemgửi bởi zhangzk » Thứ 4 Tháng 11 06, 2019 10:34 am

COSTA MESA Ben Powers Jersey , Calif. (AP) — Chargers teammates and going through workouts at this week’s mandatory minicamp.Whether or not he is back for the start of training camp remains to be seen.Gordon is going into the final year of a rookie contract and will earn $5.6 million this season. The fifth-year running back said after Tuesday’s practice that he didn’t want to miss any practices but also didn’t rule out not being present when the team conducts its first training camp practice on July 25. Gordon’s agent and the team are in discussions, but nothing is resolved.“We’re going to see. I would like to go out there and have it done. We’re talking right now, and that’s kind of where I’m going to leave it,” he said.Gordon was a huge reason why the Chargers made the playoffs for the first time since 2013 last season. He was sixth in the AFC in yards from scrimmage (1,375), ninth in rushing (885 yards) and scored 14 touchdowns en route to making his second Pro Bowl.Gordon said he is caught up in what has been a trend throughout the league — the undervaluing of running backs.“We’re definitely devalued. That’s kind of how we are looked upon right now,” he said. “I know what I bring to this team, and I’m sticking with that.”Despite three straight seasons with over 1,200 yards from scrimmage and 10 or more touchdowns, there are some durability questions about Gordon. He missed four games last season, including a three-game stretch in December after spraining the MCL in his right knee. Gordon returned for the Chargers’ final four games http://www.ravensfootballauthentics.com/iman-marshall-jersey-authentic , which included the playoffs, but he was not the same back. He averaged 5.2 yards before the knee injury but only 2.9 yards when he returned.“I kind of felt later in the year and in the playoffs that I wasn’t my best. It kind of sucked not being at my full potential and not giving it everything I have even though I did what I could,” he said.Gordon took a couple months to get healthy at the end of last season before beginning his offseason program. He spent most of the offseason training in Florida with other NFL running backs before rejoining the team this week.“Everything. It’s a wide range of speed, power, explosiveness. We’re doing catching drills,” Gordon said when asked what he worked on. “I’m trying to be well-rounded and work on my all-around game.”Coach Anthony Lynn said one of his biggest goals during training camp will be to make sure the veteran players do not get too much work during the preseason with the idea that it will help his team be healthier late in the season.Gordon could also benefit from added depth in the backfield. Austin Ekeler was a good change-of-pace back last season while Justin Jackson and Detrez Newsome showed some flashes late last year. Lynn lauded Newsome on Tuesday for how much he has improved during offseason workouts.However, Gordon remains the leader of the group.“Melvin Gordon is extremely important to us. He’s gotten better every year that I’ve been here,” Lynn said. “If he just goes out and keeps doing what he’s been doing, that contract stuff will take care of itself.”NOTES:OT Russell Okung is not at minicamp due to an undisclosed injury. Lynn did not say if the veteran left tackle would miss the start of training camp. … First-round pick DT Jerry Tillery has signed his contract. Five of the seven draft picks are under contract with S Nasir Adderley (second round) and OT Trey Pipkins (third round) unsigned. EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — While there is a chance Drew Brees and Eli Manning will get involved in one of those 30-plus shootouts when the New Orleans Saints face the New York Giants this weekend, it’s more likely a defense is going to determine the winner.The 39-year-old Brees and the Saints (2-1) are coming into MetLife Stadium on Sunday averaging more than 34 points. That’s more than troublesome for the Giants (1-2) and the 37-year-old Manning. New York has not scored 30 points since the final game of Tom Coughlin’s coaching tenure in 2015.If the Saints run true to form Trace McSorley Jersey , the Giants are in trouble. That puts a burden on defensive coordinator James Bettcher. The good news is New York has not given up more than 22 points in a game with its new 3-4 defense.Bettcher isn’t looking for Manning and the offense to bail him out.“The only thing we worry about on the defensive side of the ball is getting stops,” Bettcher said. “We got to get some three-and-outs, we got to create some turnovers. Doesn’t matter where the ball’s put down on the field, doesn’t matter what the score is in the game, whether you’re up three or down three, in my mind it doesn’t matter, we play.”The Giants have done a good job of stopping the run, but their secondary struggled last week with cornerback Eli Apple sidelined with a hamstring injury. He is iffy this week.Brees has been phenomenal this season, hitting 80 percent of his passes.“He’s confident in what we’re doing and understanding each week, it’s just trying to put ourselves in a position to win,” Saints coach Sean Payton said. “I really think statistically Kyler Murray Jersey , the other stuff is just icing on the cake. He really looks at it like, how do I advance my team into the end zone? How do we win the game, reduce turnovers and do all the things necessary to win that week?”The last time the Giants played the Saints, New York won 16-13 at home. In the previous game, New Orleans posted a 52-49 win at home in a game Brees threw for 505 yards and seven TDs, and Manning threw for 350 yards and six TDs.“Obviously you could always do more, but yeah felt like we had played a great game and lost, and that’s what a lot of teams would’ve feltagainst the Saints,” Manning said in recalling the game.“They got the ability to score a lot of points.”Things to watch in the game:RECORD CHASEBrees is closing in on one of the more significant career records for an NFL quarterback: the 71,940 yards passing by Eli’s older brother, Peyton Manning. He needs 417 yards and has passed for more than that in a game 13 times in his career http://www.cardinalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-byron-murphy-jersey , including his 439 yards in this season’s opener against the Bucs. Just don’t expect Brees to discuss setting the record before it happens. “Nope. One at a time. One at a time,” Brees said this week. “That stuff takes care of itself.”WHEELING AND DEALINGChad Wheeler replaced Ereck Flowers at right tackle for the Giants last weekend and his run blocking was good. His pass blocking wasn’t. He allowed J.J. Watt to get three sacks by almost whiffing on blocks. Giants coach Pat Shurmur took the blame, saying he should have given Wheeler help. This week will be tough with the Saints having Cameron Jordan (four sacks) at left end.ACTIVE ALVINWith running back Mark Ingram serving a four-game suspension for use of a banned substance, New Orleans has leaned heavily on Alvin Kamara, the 2017 Offensive Rookie of the Year. Last week in Atlanta, he carried 16 times for 66 yards and caught 15 passes for 124. Through three games, Kamara has 37 carries for 141 yards and two TDs, and 30 receptions for 289 yards and one touchdown.TIGHT SPOTThe Giants will be without top tight end Evan Engram with a sprained knee. He was hurt last weekend and probably is going to miss a couple of weeks. Veteran Rhett Ellison must pick up the load, backed by Scott Simonson and rookie Garrett Dickerson, who was just signed off the practice squad. None of the three can stretch the field like Engram, who has 10 catches for 104 yards and a touchdown. Ellison had three catches for 39 yards last week Andy Isabella Jersey , including a 16-yard TD.COVERAGE CONCERNSThe Saints are trying to straighten out their secondary. New Orleans ranks 30th against the pass, allowing 336.7 yards passing per game. Cornerback Marshon Lattimore, the 2017 Defensive Rookie of the Year, has avoided giving up big plays since Tampa Bay’s Mike Evans caught seven passes for 147 yards in the opener. But cornerbacks Ken Crawley and P.J. Williams, as well as New Orleans’ safeties, struggled last weekend against Atlanta’s Calvin Ridley, who caught seven passes for 146 yards and three scores. The Saints lost top nickel cornerback Patrick Robinson for the season last weekend with an ankle injury.__AP Sports Writer Brett Martel contributed to this report.

Quay về

Ai đang trực tuyến?